
I took this photo for the mood/movement assignment. It was titled the "Take-Off". The shutter speed had to be high to capture the movement of the dog, and the aperture was smaller, around 5.6. The photo was taken portrait style, outside during autumn. The original photo was a bit dark so I used levels in photoshop to create the proper exposure. This created an interesting contrast within the leaves. Because it was a sunny day in autumn I was able to use a low ISO.
This photo is about catching a simple moment in life that holds a "bigger picture" for some. For me this photo is about the small moments that occurs in such away that it brings me happiness. The colors, reds, oranges, add to this feeling of warmth, and happiness.
I like that I was able to capture the movement where the dog's front paws were off the ground but her back ones were still on the ground about to take off. One things that bothers me about this picture is the green pine trees in the background, I feel like they're "messy". Also there is a branch in front of the woman's face and it's a bit distracting.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi Eva, this is a good start. I especially like your conceptual analysis here: the meaning is nothing grand - it is just a simple moment of happiness (but perhaps in life there is nothing grander than that!) Your post is just a bit on the short side; remember that I am looking for three paragraphs.
ReplyDeleteHey Eva,
ReplyDeleteI think this picture is great and ive probably told you that numerous times. I think you were a little hard on yourself with things that were almost out of your control like the trees in the background and the branch in the foreground. I infact like these aspects of the photo. i think that it gets across your point of being a snapshot of joy in someones life, and joy is not completly controlled. I agree with you that the leaves and the warm colors add to this feeling. You were right in using a high shutter speed but sense it appears as if you had a lot of available light, the only thing i would suggest would have been using a bigger aperture, so that the branch in the foreground wasnt as blurry and everything was in focus. I love this photo eva! great job!